Hmm, another cupcake recipe. Based on another recipe from cupcakeblog. I promise, the purpose of this blog isn’t merely to copy chockylit. But I do have to start somewhere, and as my previous posts have already established that I’m a big fan of hers, who better to emulate? Here’s my twist on her rich chocolate cupcake.
Orange Chocolate Cupcakes frosted with Nutella
adapted from cupcakeblog
200 gram bar of Chocolat Frey Bouquet d´Orange (55% cacao)
1 1/2 cups butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3 teaspoons orange zest
pinch of salt
1. Chop chocolate and transfer into the bowl of a standing mixer.
2. Add butter to the chocolate and place the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until chocolate melts and butter is combined.
3. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Let mixture cool for 10 minutes.
4. Beat in an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
5. Add one egg at a time, mixing for 30 seconds between each
6. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, orange zest, and a pinch of salt into the mixture and mix until blended.
7. Scoop into 24 cupcake cups and bake at 350 F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. After cupcakes are cooled, frost with Nutella.