More orange-chocolatey goodness. Actually, I wasn’t too thrilled with how this cookie turned out. It was a little too cakey for my liking. I think next time I want a chocolate cookie, I’ll stick with the base that I used for the chocolate peppermint cookie.
Orange Chocolate Cookies
adapted from allrecipes
1 ounce Chocolove 61% cocoa
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon orange zest
unsweetened cocoa powder and powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a microwave-safe dish, melt the unsweetened chocolate, stirring frequently until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix orange zest and melted chocolate into dough.
3. Roll dough to form a ball about 1 inch in diameter.
4. Bake at 350F degrees for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until center is set.
5. Dust top of cookies with unsweetened cocoa powder and powdered sugar mix. Cool on wire racks.