Leftover ripened bananas makes for great breakfast recipes. I love a good banana nut bread like most of you do, but I was definitely in the mood for making something with chocolate. Then I had some espresso while I was making the muffins and thought I’d add that into the mix. So here we have… mocha banana muffins.
Mocha Banana Muffins
2/3 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 ripe bananas
2 teaspoons espresso
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Cream together sugar and butter. Beat in egg, banana, espresso, and vanilla.
2. Add in flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Blend until flour disappears.
3. Gently mix in chocolate chips.
4. Spoon batter in 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
5. Bake for 25 minutes in preheated (350F degrees) oven.