After making the marshmallow blondies, I was in search for a way to use up the rest of the marshmallows. Browsing through some of my cookbooks, I found the following in a Mrs. Fields cookie cookbook. It turned out alright, but I think next time I’d like to add another flavor to the cookie… maybe peppermint.
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
aka Jessica’s Marshmallow Clouds
from Mrs. Fields Best Cookie Book
3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup salted butter, softened
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
8 oz. mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Until you are to ready to assemble the cookies just prior to baking, keep the marshmallows in the freezer – otherwise they will thaw too rapidly.
2. In medium bowl combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Combine sugars in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, blend in butter, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. 4. Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips, and blend at low speed until combined. Batter will be very stiff.
5. Gather 4-5 marshmallows in the palm of your hand and cover them with a heaping tablespoonful of dough. Wrap the dough around the marshmallows, completely encasing them and forming a 2-inch-diameter dough ball.
6. Place balls on ungreased baking sheets, 2-inches apart. Bake 15 minutes. Cool on pan 2 minutes, then transfer to a cool, flat surface.