Hello friends of old and of new! It’s about time this happened. I feel like this relaunch has taken me ages to complete. And thing is, it’s still not done. But, while I finish migrating all my old posts from Blogger to WordPress, I want to share the new look with y’all. I’m excited to start fresh with this site, so while I finish the post migration, please check out all my old posts at talidabakes.blogspot.com.
And until then, I’ll share an all-time favorite cookie recipe of mine:
Matcha Icebox Cookies
adapted from Martha Stewart
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 Tablespoon matcha
1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut in pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Sift together flour, confectioners’ sugar, matcha and salt in a large bowl.
2. Use food processor or hands to mix butter into flour mixture until mixture is the texture of coarse meal.
3. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg yolks and vanilla; add to . Process just until a dough forms
4. Divide dough in half; form into two 2-inch square logs, each approximately 5 1/2 inches long. Wrap logs in waxed paper; refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours. You may also freeze dough up to 2 months.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice dough crosswise, 3/16 inch thick; carefully transfer slices to baking sheets.
6. Bake until edges are firm (not brown), 10 to 15 minutes. Cool 1 to 2 minutes on baking sheets; cool completely on a rack.