I had an extremely busy week last week at TechWave, my company’s annual user conference in Vegas. While I do love Vegas, being there almost a full week is so very tiring. And of course in such an indulgent place, I ate so many rich things that by Saturday I couldn’t wait to come home to cook (and eat) my own food.
This banana chocolate chip muffin speaks comfort to me (as does any baked good with bananas), and surprisingly I never posted this recipe before! So here’s an oldie but goodie of mine to share while I catch up on sleep and get back to everyday life.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted halfway (so that it’s not completely a liquid)
6-8 ripe bananas, mashed well
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a mini-muffin pan with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt)
4. In another bowl combine the wet ingredients: bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
5. Fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Scoop batter into prepared mini-muffin pan. Bake about 12-15 minutes until muffins turn golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.
7. Let cool slightly, remove loaf from pan, and serve warm. Makes about 48 mini muffins.